While we have limited volunteer positions, committed volunteers are an important part of the Restorative Justice program. In order to apply to become a regular volunteer, individuals must meet the following requirements:
- Be over 21 years of age.
- Have attended at least one of our symposiums in the last year.
- Commit to regularly attending the program on Wednesday or Thursday evening for at least one year on a weekly or bi-weekly basis.
- Have reliable transportation to and from the prison. While we do assist in organizing some carpools, it is beyond our capacity to plan for the transportation of volunteers. Unfortunately, there are not good public transportation options to and from the prison. If you have questions or concerns about transportation, please contact us to discuss options for joining or planning carpools.
- Agree to strictly adhere to prison and programmatic policies: linked here.
- Be able to pass the preliminary background check conducted by the prison administration for clearance. Individuals with criminal records (including DUIs in the state of California) may not be able to be cleared to enter the prison, and should contact us before applying to a symposium or for regular clearance.
If you are able to meet all of the requirements above, please fill out the form below. PLEASE only submit the form if you meet all of the requirements listed above. Also, please note that we only accept new volunteers once a year, and it may take a while for us to respond to your application.